cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading files to my predefined dropbox account bypassing authorization page

Uploading files to my predefined dropbox account bypassing authorization page

santhosh s.
New member | Level 1

Hello greg,

I am a iPhone developer, i want to upload files to my predefined dropbox account bypassing authorization page. I want to handle the authorisation inside my app.

I have checked the solution for this in stack overflow(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26412786/uploading-files-to-dropbox-bypassing-authorization-page). You commented like that my requirement is possible.

Can you please elaborate more?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This is technically possible, but I must emphasize again that this is very much not recommended. As such, we don't have much in the way of resources or support for it.

That said, there is some more information here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27834922/auto-login-dropbox-account-on-core-api-without-login-pro...

santhosh s.
New member | Level 1

We have decided to proceed with the approach of having a server side which should accept the file upload to server first and then make the upload API call with my pre-defined access token on the server.

In this case, we need everything to be automated to refresh the access token within x days and no browsers/login prompt involved. Seems like its possible according to your reply?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You don't actually need to "refresh" the access token. Dropbox API access tokens don't expire, so just be careful not to manually revoke it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    santhosh s. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?