cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video streaming for education system - HELP

Video streaming for education system - HELP

Dayanna Bosada
Explorer | Level 4

Hi good day.

I represent a micro company that is in charge of 1000 youth and children that make up an educational system in my community.

the problem is that we have some doubts about the service that you want to acquire with dropbox. I will explain

We have about 1 Terabyte of videos of classes with a duration of 2 hours each in 1080p quality, it is estimated that it will reach 3 Terabyte or more with the time of this year, the 1000 young people have to see each video on the same day, all connected by Through an android app that was designed and each young person must watch 8 videos a day for a period of 6 months, what we want to know is if dropbox can support the load of these 1000 people connected at the same time watching 8 videos or a maximum of 10 up to date? without causing any problem like slowness or video drop? all using the api to upload and play the videos from an android app

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I can't make promises with regards to the performance of uploads or downloads, as there are a number of factors that would affect that, such as the network connection you have to the Dropbox servers. Your connection speed to Dropbox depends on the routing you get between your ISP and our servers, and may be slower than your ISP's rated speeds.

Also, it's worth noting that the Dropbox API does have a rate limiting system, but that's based on the number of calls per time, not the amount of data transferred. 

Depending on how you implement this though, there may be some other limits to be aware of. For instance, there is a bandwidth limit on links:

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/banned-links 

As for the available space in an account you can find information on the available plans here:

https://www.dropbox.com/plans 

Dayanna Bosada
Explorer | Level 4

we plan to hire the Business plan, the connection we have is good and stable so we doubt that there are problems with the connection, with the bandwidth if I think we may have problems, but thanks for the help

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dayanna Bosada Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?