cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox programmatically get "app folder" path

dropbox programmatically get "app folder" path

skaros
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to get the current path to the application folder I am using for my "App Folder" application?

I know i could insert "/Apps/MyAppFolderName/" but this might change in the future, if I manually change my apps settings.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, the Dropbox API doesn't expose a way for apps with the app folder app to query their full app folder path.

The API is designed such that apps shouldn't need to know their own app folder path though. I.e., when such an app references a path using the API, the API automatically translates the root to be the app folder root on the backend.

That being the case, can you elaborate on what your use case for this is?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, the Dropbox API doesn't expose a way for apps with the app folder app to query their full app folder path.

The API is designed such that apps shouldn't need to know their own app folder path though. I.e., when such an app references a path using the API, the API automatically translates the root to be the app folder root on the backend.

That being the case, can you elaborate on what your use case for this is?

skaros
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Well, it is not really a major issue for me, I just thought it would be usefull.

The reason I would use it, is to inform the user for the complete path to a file that was just uploaded using my app.

The thing is that I am still on development, so i am not sure if the path name will change according to any customer feedback. In that case I would have to change the App folder path within my code. Small price to pay though.

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks!

By the way, for reference, the path is also localized for accounts in other languages, and users can move and rename app folders whenever they want.
Need more support?