cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: get_account_batch error 409

get_account_batch error 409

Info V.1
Collaborator | Level 8

Hi There,

For one of our customer we are getting 409 when making "get_account_batch". With error saying the account does not exists. 

I am trying to reproduce the error, so I deleted one user from our dropbox account, but even after deleting the user I still get valid response for the api "get_account_batch".

Do I have to wait for some time before I start seeing the error for the delted user?

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, data for individual accounts take some time to be fully deleted. You can find more information here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/delete-account

Note that a successful /2/users/get_account_batch response will contain a 'disabled" property for each account to indicated if it is deleted. Also, if you just deleted a member on a team, that will just be considered a deleted member of the team and you will continue to be able to look it up.

If you want to test a failed call, here's a sample account ID this is no longer valid: 'dbid:AAAVrxXoItpge28Zx_8dPIStqC8n3NCwumU'.

Info V.1
Collaborator | Level 8

Thanks for the repsonse , actually I wanted to test a case where I have files uploaded by a user account then delete the account. So, I cant use the id provided by you. 

Anyway I will wait for the account to be deleted.

Need more support?