cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to show folder in my IOS app?

how to show folder in my IOS app?

sudip k.
New member | Level 1

i want to show my pdf,doc file and created any folder inside dropbox.here i got list of pdf file and doc file but i does not get any solution how to show folder.plz help me.

this code i am using for showing doc , pdf file and i want show folder.which extension i use for showing folder in my IOS app?

NSArray* validExtensions = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"pdf", @"docx",@"doc", nil];

1 Reply 1

Alexandra F.1
New member | Level 1

Hi Sudip - to clarify, do you want to know what extension to use to check for a folder in the list of Dropbox contents? What code are you using to get the list from Dropbox?

Folders do not have extensions, but I don't think looking for 'nil' is what you want. You can check if an entry is a folder, not a file, but looking at the type of metadata returned by the call to listFolder, and checking if it's FileMetadata or FolderMetadata. See the "Upload a File" section of the iOS tutorial here: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/swift#tutorial

Need more support?