cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS sdk 13 DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController not trigger competion

iOS sdk 13 DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController not trigger competion

denickman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello guys. Please help. After migrating my progect to iOS sdk 13 I've got a problem. So this method is not triggered  completion handler anymore

DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController(UIApplication.shared, controller: self) { (url) in }

on iOS 12 it worked perfectly well. What should I have to change?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking that. I've tried this on iOS 13 and it is working for me, so we'll need to keep troubleshooting this to see what's breaking in your case.

To try to narrow this down though, can you step through with the debugger to see what part is or isn't running? For example, is the redirect to your app (via the URL scheme set in the plist) working, or is the `application(_ app: , open url: , options: )` method not getting called at all, or if it is, is `url` not set, or is `handleRedirectURL` not returning a value?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Does your app use "scenes"? If so, you'll need to update the redirect handling as discussed here.

denickman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No, my app does not use scenes

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks, in that case we'll need to investigate some more. Can you let me know:

• What version number of SwiftyDropbox are you using? If you're not already on the latest version, currently v5.1.0, please upgrade to that and try again.
  • Can you double check you have all of the steps for configuring your project and handling the authorization flow implemented as documented?
  • Do you get any warnings on any of the relevant code, or any error/output in the console during the authorization flow?

denickman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, I've checked and I've had everything that you asked in last message. On iOS 12 it was working fine, but now it does not.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking that. I've tried this on iOS 13 and it is working for me, so we'll need to keep troubleshooting this to see what's breaking in your case.

To try to narrow this down though, can you step through with the debugger to see what part is or isn't running? For example, is the redirect to your app (via the URL scheme set in the plist) working, or is the `application(_ app: , open url: , options: )` method not getting called at all, or if it is, is `url` not set, or is `handleRedirectURL` not returning a value?

denickman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I found my mistake. Thanks for helping me guys!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

denickman Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?