cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help asap for my project which needs to go live --> DownloadError

need help asap for my project which needs to go live --> DownloadError

jared damin
New member | Level 2

Hey,

I am getting this erorr , ( file is not restricted i uploaded my self i can download other files but not new file that i upload)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "e:\Dev\PYTHON\dropbox\extra.py", line 550, in <module>
metadata, res = client.files_download(path="/clientdownload/download.pdf")
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\dropbox\base.py", line 1284, in files_download
r = self.request(
File "C:\Users\Lenovo\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\dropbox\dropbox_client.py", line 348, in request
raise ApiError(res.request_id,
dropbox.exceptions.ApiError: ApiError('e2f0103c00204162886d44d97ac0c87d', DownloadError('path', LookupError('restricted_content', None)))

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

A 'restricted_content' error from /2/files/download means:

restricted_content Void The file cannot be transferred because the content is restricted. For example, sometimes there are legal restrictions due to copyright claims.

If the file is marked restricted like this, you will not be able to use the Dropbox API to download it.

If you believe this file is incorrectly restricted, you can open a ticket with support so they can look into it

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?