cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

propertySearch result is messed in Android SDK 3.0.5

propertySearch result is messed in Android SDK 3.0.5

a_azhevsky
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi!
I'm trying to use Dropbox as a backup platform for my app. To store files on your side I use informative file names and properties to keep original file names and tagging files that are generated by my app.

Here is an example:
Tag key name is "CACR", tag value is "CACR"
Original filename key name is "CACRFLNM", value is "mic_20180109-134934.amr"
Dropbox path is /<appname>/Dictaphone record (mic) 2018-01-09 13:49:34.amr. The file is alone, previous similar files were deleted.

But when I perform request like
PropertiesSearchQuery query = new PropertiesSearchQuery("CACR", PropertiesSearchMode.fieldName("CACR"));
PropertiesSearchResult psr = dropboxClient_.fileProperties().propertiesSearch(Collections.singletonList(query));

It returns me entry with correct dropbox path but totally messed CACRFLNM property. Seems that value of CACRFLNM belongs to another file earlier created.

Please clarify that behavior. I'm trying to perform batch requests by property tags because accessing properties for each file separately is too long.

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the report. We could use some more information to look into this. I'll follow up with you privately so you can share the output without posting it publicly.

View solution in original post

a_azhevsky
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you!

The issue seems to be resolved now!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the report. We could use some more information to look into this. I'll follow up with you privately so you can share the output without posting it publicly.

a_azhevsky
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you!

The issue seems to be resolved now!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
That's correct, the team has deployed a fixed for this. Thanks for your help tracking this down!

a_azhevsky
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi!

Sorry to say, but it seems that properties API was broken again. In my case "propertiesSearch" returns already removed entries or an empty list.

Please rectify that, because my app can't work properly.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There can be a delay on changes being reflected in search. If you're still seeing the issue after waiting a little while, please open an API ticket with more details so we can investigate:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    a_azhevsky Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?