cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still 500 error

still 500 error

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

does your dropbox work properly still getting 500 server errors commonly using API?????

11 Replies 11

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you're still seeing issues, please share a few sample requests/responses showing the failures for each endpoint that's failing for you so we can check on that. Please include headers, but redact any app secret/access token/refresh token. Thanks!

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

hi. here are my request details. I use standard https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload with the bearer token. It goes sometimnes but more often I get 500

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the sample. I'll ask the team to check on that.

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Greg. Do you have an ETA when it will be fixed?

Lots of our customers contact us regarding this issue. please make it work as soon as possible I really rely on you as we can do nothing on our end

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I don't have an ETA on this right now, but I'll follow up here once I have any updates for you.

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

The same issue is on our server side. here we get same error using https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/create_shared_link

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Please share a few samples for that (preferably as text). Thanks in advance!

By the way, /2/sharing/create_shared_link is deprecated in favor of /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings, so please switch to /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings when you can.

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

it give status in progress all the time. I can't share it right now but I think if you fix the main reason of problem all endpoints will continue work properly

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say "it give status in progress all the time". The /2/sharing/create_shared_link endpoint doesn't have a return type or error like that. Did you mean to refer to a different endpoint?

Please do share a sample of whatever other issues you're seeing so we can be sure to check on the right thing for you. Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    boomtech Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?