cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/team_folder/list gives has_more false altough the Team has a shared Folder with full permissions

/team_folder/list gives has_more false altough the Team has a shared Folder with full permissions

benjaminkromer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey folks,

we just testing the Business Advanced Plan.

Wenn calling the https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/team_folder/list I get the "has_more" key with value false as response.

POSTing the cursor to /team_folder/list/continue gives me an empty array of key "team_folders".

But the Team I'am in has definitely a Team Folder where everybody on that team has full permissions. It just doesn't show up in the API calls.

Did I miss something? What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, you need to set the Dropbox-API-Path-Root header in order to root an API call in the team space (to access those other folders shown in your screenshot). The Team Files Guide goes over how to do this. That is, you can get the root_namespace_id value from /2/users/get_current_account and use that in the Dropbox-API-Path-Root header value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like your team is set up to use the "team space" configuration, so the /2/team/team_folder/list[/continue] interface will only list the team's "team space" (or "shared workspace").

For teams with this configuration, you can list the contents of the team space directly using the /2/files/list_folder[/continue] endpoints. Please refer to the Team Files Guide for information on interacting with the team space via the API.

benjaminkromer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your Answer.

When I call /files/list_folder The API response with the following error: 

"Error in call to API function "files/list_folder": This API function operates on a single Dropbox account, but the OAuth 2 access token you provided is for an entire Dropbox Business team..."

But when I use the ID of my user which has Admin permissions or even the owners user with the Dropbox-API-Select-User. I can only see folders in my or his private workspace. Not folders in the teams workspace.

I just read the Team Files Guide, but I just don't get it. Do I need to use the Dropbox-API-Path-Root header?

To clearify I made a screenshot.

dropbox.png

I can't really find a good explanation on how to r/w into Teamspaces via API with an App Bearer Token.

Maybe u can provide more detailed instructions for me.

Thanks in Advance 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, you need to set the Dropbox-API-Path-Root header in order to root an API call in the team space (to access those other folders shown in your screenshot). The Team Files Guide goes over how to do this. That is, you can get the root_namespace_id value from /2/users/get_current_account and use that in the Dropbox-API-Path-Root header value.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    benjaminkromer Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?