cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to upload many pictures from ios device to dropbox folder using swift

trying to upload many pictures from ios device to dropbox folder using swift

Ruben C.8
New member | Level 1

so i have a list in swift of a bunch of URL from pictures saved in a folder with in the ios device. what happens is that i want to upload all those pictures to a folder and when i do it i get some pictures and not all. im using a loop to do go through every URL and uploading them one by one with in the loop.

sometimes i get an http error. i think this is happening because too many files are being uploaded at the same time. but i dont know how to solve this problem. any suggestions please. i would really appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Re: trying to upload many pictures from ios device to dropbox folder using swift

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35487266/trying-to-upload-many-pictures-from-ios-device-to-dropb... ]

As recommended on your StackOverflow post, it may help to limit how many requests you make at the same time.

In any case though, you can check the error you're getting for more information, e.g., using something like:

case .HTTPError(let code, let message, let requestId):
            print("HTTPError[\(requestId)]: \(code): \(message)")

Re: trying to upload many pictures from ios device to dropbox folder using swift

Ruben C.8
New member | Level 1

is there a way of limiting how many request i do at the same time within the dropbox api?

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

That's something you could manage in your app's logic, by controlling when you make API calls, e.g., when you call the upload method.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    Ruben C.8 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?