cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Sync Icons missing

Dropbox Sync Icons missing

adamschoales
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Recently my Dropbox folder stopped showing Sync icons. This means I have no idea which files are downloaded to my mac, and which are simply in the cloud. 

I tried all the suggestions here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/sync-icons

I reinstalled the app. I unlinked my dropbox account. I force restarted finder. Nothing. 

Then I got aggressive. Signed out, completely uninstalled dropbox, including deleting all the hidden system files, restarted, and installed again. Still missing.

This is a pretty critical feature of Dropbox so would really like to know how to fix it... I miss the old days when this app was simple and just worked.

I also did some reading about how other apps with Finder integrations can screw things up so uninstalled Google Drive File Stream (the only other app I can think that might be messing with it). That said, here are the apps listed under "finder integrations" in the extensions tab of system preferences:

iCloud Drive, BetterZip, Core Sync Helper (Adobe Creative Cloud), Dropbox, Setapp.

Running Mac OS 10.15.6 and Dropbox vr. 102.4.431

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adamschoales
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

AHA! It was BetterZip, apparently. I've contacted the developer. Hopefully we can get them to play nicely with each other.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

adamschoales
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

AHA! It was BetterZip, apparently. I've contacted the developer. Hopefully we can get them to play nicely with each other.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @adamschoales; thanks for the report and following up on this!

I'm glad to hear you managed to get to the bottom of this and thanks for keeping us in the loop too.

Just a note on this, our most recent stable version of the desktop app came out a couple of days ago so you may want to give it a try too:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-103-4-383/td-p/442957

Let me know if you come up with any Dropbox questions, Adam; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    adamschoales Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?