cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i Disable or change dropbox keyboard shortcuts?

How can i Disable or change dropbox keyboard shortcuts?

RMox
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Some keyboard shortcuts in dropbox interfere with shortcuts from other programs on my pc, and i want to resolve this by turning off or changing the dropbox shortcuts.  example: Dropbox uses my PrtScreen button, but so does Snagit, my preferred screen capture program. Can i override or disable Dropbox default keyboard shortcuts? thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

It's the Screenshots option, which you already have unchecked. Just have SnagIt re-capture the Print Screen key and you should be all set. If Dropbox keeps offering to save screenshots, go back to this screen, check the Screenshots box and click Apply, then uncheck it and click Apply again. Then have SnagIt grab the key.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The only key that I"m aware of Dropbox using is Print Screen. It's associated with screenshots being saved to Dropbox. You'll need to disable screenshots in Dropbox Preferences, on the Import tab, then recapture the Print Screen key within SnagIt.

RMox
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply, and I would be tickled pink if that would work as a solution. Unfortunately, when I follow that path you recommended, I see no command that would control (turn on or off) that keyboard shortcut.  I've attached a screen capturedropbox prefs import tab.png you what I'm seeing....  if it makes a difference, I'm using Windows 10.  

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

It's the Screenshots option, which you already have unchecked. Just have SnagIt re-capture the Print Screen key and you should be all set. If Dropbox keeps offering to save screenshots, go back to this screen, check the Screenshots box and click Apply, then uncheck it and click Apply again. Then have SnagIt grab the key.

RMox
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Score!  That worked.  Thanks, Rich. 

Jason D.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This isn't the solution. I have this disabled and if Dropbox starts before Snagit, then the Snagit shortcuts won't work. I never use the Dropbox shortcuts - I don't know why they are there - all they do is cause problems. So for the soltuion is to close Dropbox, then start Snagit, then try to remember to restart Dropbox. Neat.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jason D.8 Helpful | Level 6
    RMox Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?