cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Dropbox - Mac 12.3 Monterey support

Recent Dropbox - Mac 12.3 Monterey support

Nousmedis
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The official support page relating to Mac OS Monterey 12.3 Dropbox compatibility is 2 months old now, and Apple just released (April 2022) first beta version of 12.4 and patched 12.3 with 12.3.1, but still no references to current status other than "in late march we will release a beta version...". How can I know is the beta version is now secure or how many days, weeks or months (or years!) do we still need to wait for the final stable release of a 12.3 and up supported version of Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DBXCommunity
Community Manager
Go to solution
Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update on availability of full support for macOS 12.5 and higher to more customers. We’re continuing to expand our rollout through May 2023, and anyone interested in receiving this updated experience earlier can join our beta now.

If you haven’t already received the update, you can expect it between now and the end of May 2023. We’re also working directly with a small subset of customers with complex configurations to ensure their migration is as seamless as possible.

Here’s how you can join our beta:
  • Basic, Plus, Professional, and Family plan customers: Turn on early releases and keep an eye out for a notification to opt-in
  • Standard, Advanced, Enterprise, and Education customers: Contact your Account Team or Customer Support for more information
The updated experience is more integrated with macOS and comes with some changes that are consistent with macOS requirements. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

137 Replies 137

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Nousmedis, thanks for your interest in this.

As you know, we are actively working on full support for macOS 12.3 (Monterey).

The private beta version is currently available to select users.

If you are interested in joining, you can turn on early releases, to be notified, when you are eligible. More information can be found here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nousmedis
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, Hannah. The question is, Mac OS is prompting everyday to upgrade to latest release (12.3.1) for security reasons, but I'm afraid we won't be able to work with Dropbox by manually selecting folders to sync, as we use laptops with reduced storage and rely entirely in Dropbox for our day to day work. So the question is: is secure to use the beta version? what's the schedule for the final version?

cumbrianblues
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

For a service that has become so embedded in my (and many other people's) digital working, it is deeply troubling that Dropbox isn't up to speed with Mac updates....  makes me wonder if I should be looking elsewhere for remote storage/sharing. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Nousmedis, are you referring to the beta version of the Dropbox app itself, or related to the Mac OS 12.4 beta?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nousmedis
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Jay I'm referring to the beta version of Dropbox. Version 12.3.1 of Mac OS is a final release, not a beta version, and each day its prompting to update (for security reasons) in all my workers screen. As we use a business account with laptops, all the critical data is stored online, and Dropbox automatically keeps our limited storage hard drives free of outdated documents. That's the key selling point for us. We open/close hundreds of documents each day, from thousands of different folders.

Now the dilemma is: do we update to the latest Mac OS release (for security reasons) and then keep our hard drives free by manually syncing files (losing a precious time), or keep the previous version of Mac OS (12.2) in order to allow the correct function of Dropbox (but at a risk of being attacked by some of the 30 security unpatched holes in the operating system)

BrendaW1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is exactly the same issue for my company.  Dropbox needs to address this issue by giving us regular updates on the status of this problem.  We have some hard decisions to make and we have no idea when this issue will be resolved.

REK1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Our company is in a similar situation. We have staff members scattered throughout the US, Europe and Asia. Because we have multiple people working on individual files throughout all 24 hours of a day and because we too have folks with the latest MacBooks with tiny SSDs, it's not feasible to have everyone store all their files locally. Ironically, our workflow evolved based on Dropbox's advancements in sharing files stored in the Cloud. We currently have a companywide order not to upgrade Mac OS to 12.3 until Dropbox issues a fix. The fact Dropbox has not updated users on progress to fixing this situation is simply not acceptable. We are exploring options other than Dropbox, but for the sheer sake of convenience, we'd prefer to stay with Dropbox. Dropbox, PLEASE let us know what's going on.

paul20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

*Bump*

Information please.  It's one thing to be late, it's another to be completely silent.  I only administer a small number of machines, but I still have the same problem.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cbonargent Helpful | Level 7
    Martin R.19 Collaborator | Level 10
    gullevek Helpful | Level 5
    Pokapix Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?