cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continually being asked to download and sign in

continually being asked to download and sign in

ihill
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Every time I turn on the computer, Dropbox is asking me to sign in and link my computer again. This has been happening for the past two days. Any way of stopping this happening?

16 Replies 16

ihill
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is what Kaspersky told me to do

Sue M.10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a Win10 laptop with two hard drives. The dropbox folder lives on the large storage drive.

Over the last week or so I've been getting this message along with complaints from Kaspersky that it couldn't install a Dropbox update. Did the re-install suggested here earlier, but the error message remains.

In addition: dropbox makes me log in, as if I'm not already connected, then tells me that I don't have enough storage space on the drive to sync all files. (it's trying to install to the smaller drive where I store only programs and system files). When I go to preferences and try to move the dropbox to the larger drive, I'm being told this drive already contains a dropbox folder.

Seems I have two instances of dropbox battling for supremacy? Any suggestions what's gone wrong and how to fix it?

Many thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Sue, I’ve moved your thread here since users have been reporting issues with Kaspersky, along with a possible solution.

Regarding your second issue, try an advanced reinstall of the app and in the advanced settings, chose the second hard drive for the Dropbox folder. 

Make sure to choose the ‘parent’ folder, for instance if it’s on E:\data\Dropbox, choose E:\data. 

It’ll check it’s associated with the same account and then re-index to ensure that there weren’t any changes.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
For all users in this thread, since it could all be related to Kaspersky, I've merged your threads together here.

Try the steps suggested by @ihill, though we have to mention this is not an official answer from Dropbox, so please be cautious with changing any settings, and that you know what you're doing.

If this doesn't work, or you're not using Kaspersky and have checked your other anti-virus programs, please write to our support team for them to investigate this matter further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Shudu_R
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks ihill,

I have followed the above steps, so far so good. will report back on whether this permanently fixed my problem.

Jimmyfd83
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
How did you fix it? I also have kaspersky installed.

Shudu_R
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Jimmyfd83 wrote:
How did you fix it? I also have kaspersky installed.

Please try the below from @ihill 

This is what Kaspersky told me to do

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Shudu_R Explorer | Level 3
    Jimmyfd83 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?