cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Adam, a member of our Community, uses Dropbox to teach music

How Adam, a member of our Community, uses Dropbox to teach music

Amy
Community Manager

We love hearing how you, the Community members use Dropbox, whether it’s for work, school or a passion project. This time we have a story from Community member Adam ( @Adam G.18). Gavin, (a member of our Dropbox team), spoke with Adam, a renowned harmonica player and music teacher, to discuss how Dropbox keeps him organized and in flow. 

AdamAdam

My name is Adam and I'm a musician. I come from South Africa and I’ve been based in London, England for many years.  I also do a lot of teaching and COVID has provided me with a lot of opportunities to teach on Zoom. I teach something like 30 kids, and people of all ages, some in a secondary school and I also have private students. I teach jazz piano and harmonica to those learning from scratch to master classes on Zoom.

So if a student wants to learn jazz piano, for example, I would send them a Dropbox link to the music, and I would make and upload a video of myself playing the track at a slower speed, and then another one for them to practice with. And everything that's related to their lesson, like a PDF, any MP3, video content and stuff, I can just put in their Dropbox folder. 

Adam's filesAdam's files

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2013 with 500 gigabytes. I've got all kinds of hard drives, but I always wished I could suddenly have twice as much space on my computer. Dropbox gives me that opportunity. Dropbox helps me to save space because I have my bunch of files, and I can take them off the computer, and I've been told that’s the golden thing for keeping a Mac healthy. So it means I’ve become a great collector of content and historical material because I've done loads of projects, which I can store and view in the future. 

Thanks Adam! We love to learn from our Community members 😁

How do you use Dropbox? Tell us in the comments below! Share your tips, tricks, the features you love and how you make the most of Dropbox, whether it’s at home, at work or at school!
0 Replies 0
Need more support?