cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I use Dropbox - Maureen

How I use Dropbox - Maureen

Amy
Community Manager
No matter what team we’re on, everyone at Dropbox has a unique way of using Dropbox - both for work and personally, and I love learning about all the different uses! 

To share how she uses Dropbox we have Maureen, who works with the chatbot team at Dropbox. Check out how she uses Paper to stay organized, and to maintain good health habits below.

I use Dropbox paper to create structure and accountability for myself. 

I usually start my week with creating a weekly action list which helps to keep me focused and disciplined. It also avoids me slipping into overwork or procrastinating and helps me set some healthy boundaries which is definitely required when working from home. 

It is an iterative process and I keep reviewing and adjusting as I try and figure out what is needed from week to week. I like to add in a positive message or affirmation which brings a smile to my face when I read what I have to do. 

Recently I have noticed that I could be sitting for a long time at a desk getting absorbed in work and I have started to get some back pain so I incorporated Personal Good health & Wellbeing goals into my weekly action plan now. Some things are as simple as standing up regularly, and adjusting my sitting position, and others just need to be a constant reminder - like drinking enough water throughout the day.

Having the ability to add in emoji or colour takes the boring look off my task list and makes it more inviting. The fact that I can add reminders to ensure that I don’t miss any deadlines is really good and I love the sense of achievement I feel when I close off the tasks on my list. I keep it simple but it makes my day go smoothly. 

Maureen's to-do listMaureen's to-do list

I also use paper to keep track of 
  • Projects at work
  • Documents I’m currently working on
  • Meeting minutes
  • Useful links 
  • Personal good health & wellbeing
  • Slack channels
  • Holiday tracker

I love the idea of adding a positive message while making your to-do list, so that you can perk up when you get to it. The idea of merging well-being and work is great as well, because let’s be honest, you can’t exclude your well-being for 8 hours a day. I’ll definitely be taking a few of these tips into my own to-do list. 

How do you organize your day to day work?
2 Replies 2

StefaniaE
New member | Level 2

Hi, Maureen

Actually I still use paper, I mean real paper! 

I love the idea, however, of an online task list

that I can access anywhere. 

So where do I find "paper" ? Pretty new to this

part of Dropbox. 

StefaniaE

Maureeno
Dropbox Staff

Hi StefaniaE,

I still use real paper also but as you mentioned having an online task list that you can access anywhere is so handy. You can find all the information on how to use paper here

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/paper

Hope you enjoy,

Maureen

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Maureeno Dropbox Staff
    StefaniaE New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?