cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How I use Dropbox: Ross

How I use Dropbox: Ross

Amy
Community Manager
We’re back again with more stories of how Dropboxers use Dropbox and today we have Ross from the Product team, who recently bought a house, and how he uses Dropbox to keep that long process rolling. 

By Ross. Age 34 1/2 

Recently we bought our first house (yup, adulting hard!). Along with the opportunity to bury myself in a level of life-long debt not known to anyone outside of the US College educated world, we had the opportunity to decorate and furnish our new dwelling to a standard we like.

We used Dropbox throughout the Design phase:

Picking colors is tricky, using a shared folder changed my life, it allowed my wife to send me samples and for us to do side-by-side comparisons. It was a great way to ideate through possibilities.

Color samples.png

And for Furnishing the house:

I believe furnishing a house should be a relatively democratic process, so we went through a similar process of saving couches we liked, and vetoing the ones we hate, until eventually we have a top tier list of relaxation stations. Cut to me and my family in a montage of Simpsons couch gags.

And for the serious stuff:

I have always used the OCR scanner feature in the Dropbox mobile app, and I’ve religiously been backing up copies of my insurance policies and receipts, so that means I can rest easy that if anything goes missing in the move, I have all the info I need. I’m also partial to candles so fireproof documents are ideal for me, not that I plan on burning down my new house, but the peace of mind is great.

We love the idea of a collaborative paint and furniture catalogue and wish list, and of course, good document hygiene is always smart. Happy moving Ross, and good luck with the paint selection! 
4 Replies 4

Drachea Rannak
Helpful | Level 6

That is really amazing, Dropbox can be used in so many ways!

Lindashoe68
New member | Level 2
Thanks for all the help, time patience, communication..

Amy
Community Manager

Of course! We're glad to see you like learning more about how us Dropboxers use Dropbox too 🙂 

Chris Woakes
Explorer | Level 3

it was a great discussion. I was looking for same solution. Thanks Community Hilton beds uk.PNG

Need more support?