cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How we use Dropbox: Emma

How we use Dropbox: Emma

Amy
Community Manager
Next up in the ‘How we use Dropbox series’, we have Community champ @Emma . It makes a lot of sense that Emma is so organized in work when I read how she organizes things in her own time too. Check out her tips on the perfect list below.

I don’t know about you, but I love making lists. I love writing them, grouping tasks by date or category, highlighting the things that are most urgent, and then just, completely abandoning them, losing them, doodling all over them or ignoring them entirely. I did think of showing you all an example to do list at this point, but to be honest it’s a very revealing insight into my (often very messy) approach to work, and I just don’t know if we are that close yet. 

One thing you should know about me at this point though, is that I am not a great adopter of, you know, tech that will make my life easier. As an example, my main hobby is reading, and I have spent literal years weighed down with back-breaking novels before I eventually got on board with an e-reader just recently. 

So once I’d been at Dropbox for a while, I was finally ready to make the move from actual paper to Dropbox Paper and take control of my to-do lists. It’s pretty simple, but here’s how it works if you are similarly afflicted with out of control list making.  

First things first, I start each month with a new table. I have one column for each week with three, color-coded rows dividing work into ‘Must do’, ‘Should do’ and ‘Other’, or as I like to think of them: 

To-do remindersTo-do reminders

And then I make everything listed in each section a to-do, with due dates for the things in the first two sections. This is great for a few reasons. 

1. I get reminders and notifications to remind me to actually do the tasks when I planned to do them.

To do .png

1. Dropbox has a handy feature which lists all your to-dos across all documents and lets you sort them by due date and see what you’ve assigned to others too. 

1. You get to check stuff off and it does this satisfying strike through the task. 
  • This, to me, is truly the sole point and joy of a to do list.

Tell me, have you been a drowning in lists person too? How did you sort your lists out?
5 Replies 5

Lemlemcheayselam
Explorer | Level 4
Mit speicher platz arbeiten

killjay1
Helpful | Level 5

your awesome thank you

Arthur_3030
Helpful | Level 5

Con el uso del Dropbox, el proceso de control y manejo de la información e hace mas sencillo, por lo que considera una herramienta muy importante el desarrollo de mis actividades profesionales y personales. Me gusta Dropbox!!!!

sohag9
New member | Level 2

Nice, awesome solution. thank you so much.

SolarKat
Helpful | Level 5

This has been so helpful, THANK YOU!!

Need more support?