cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we use Dropbox: Paul

How we use Dropbox: Paul

PMcG
Dropbox Staff
We’re back with another edition of ‘How we use Dropbox’ and I have to say, I’m really excited about this one. You’ve heard us talk about working from home, and Dropbox is a remote first company but we recently for back into the office, now known as the Studio - and the super heroes that updated the space and got it ready to welcome us back includes Paul. Paul and the team tackled a mountain of work to make that a reality, and they used Dropbox to do it, so here are some of the ways they did that, in Paul’s own words.

Miro Board for Plant selectionMiro Board for Plant selection

Once everyone was set up to work from home and we were starting to understand the new normal, we started planning the office 2.0. From October 2020 my team and I were working on the Dublin Studio Project. Throughout this project, we had multiple workshops, kicking off with a group session featuring some internal and external stakeholders to help define the look and feel of our studio. We also planned our furniture itinerary and planting strategy via a virtual Miro Board, which was integrated with Dropbox so we all had access to the most up to date files and could work collaboratively in realtime, and asynchronously too. 

Paper Doc with Plant OrderPaper Doc with Plant Order

Paper Doc with Plant Order - 2Paper Doc with Plant Order - 2

Once the decisions were made, we then used Dropbox Paper to transfer this all of this information into tables where we could track orders and quantities etc. I love how easy it is to move things around in the tables on Dropbox Paper, and our external vendor was able to edit and comment on the table and let us know of any tweaks that need to be made. Then as the furniture arrived and we organized the new space, we were able to tick off the sections one by one until we were ready to open! 

Floor Plan in Miro Board for plantsFloor Plan in Miro Board for plants

A lot of our role requires helping employees feel safe when they are at work and creating content to convey our health and safety policies. For example have used a Dropbox Capture to create our mandatory fire marshall training.  We’ve also used this tool to help create video content for region wide meetings. Capture is fast, intuitive and a really smooth way of creating great content. We know as much as the next person that too many process docs can lose you! 
Capture Fire Safety VideoCapture Fire Safety Video

We use Dropbox for so many things in the process of running the day to day - planning events, managing files, working with all the different teams who come in and out of the Dublin Studio and I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

Having seen the proof of all this excellent work, I have to say, I am Paul (and the team’s) number one fan, and I love to see how Dropbox was used for something so tangible! Have you ever used Dropbox to manage a project with visible results before? 
1 Reply 1

Emmet
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing all of this, @PMcG ! It's so interesting to see how you've used Dropbox Paper and Capture when it came to designing the Dublin Studio. I frequently use Paper when working on projects, and it's always intriguing to see how others use it for their own projects as well. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Emmet Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?