cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we use Dropbox: Susan

How we use Dropbox: Susan

Amy
Community Manager
You might have seen our recent post about using Dropbox to help to get the most from your vacation (and we hope you use that information!) and we are delighted to share some more tips from our own teammate, Susan. In this ‘How we use Dropbox’ Susan discusses how she keeps track of her documents and photos from start to finish, from creating a Dropbox folder to store important documents, to sharing files so everyone knows the plan for the trip

Before my trip:

Before I set out on holiday, I like to create a Dropbox folder for my trip. In it, I keep important documents like flight confirmations, hotel information, passports, and visas. That way, during my trip when things can tend to get chaotic or busy, I have a go-to folder where I can access all my travel-related paperwork. 

I also use Dropbox Paper to create itineraries that include daily schedules and lists of restaurant recommendations. I share these files on Dropbox with any friends/family that are coming on the trip with me.

During the trip:

Depending on the plan for the day, I will sometimes tag my friends or family members in the Paper doc itinerary and just double check we’re on the same page about the plan for the day. It’s easier to get that information sorted before we leave the hotel so I either do it the night before or the morning of so that we don’t have a moment of stopping in the middle of a busy street and being the tourists everyone hates. 

After the trip: 

And then, once I return from my trip, I like to create a subfolder and move all the photos I took while on vacation into that subfolder. Doing this helps me stay organized and save all my vacation memories in one place. It also makes it really easy to share those photos with the people from the trip - even if they don’t have a dropbox account. 

I love these tips - especially the ones to avoid being a hated tourist! We want to know so drop your tips in the comments and who knows, we could share your tips here too! Looking for further inspiration? See how Vicker organizes team files or how Emmet uses Dropbox to organize photos - especially useful if you have lots of pictures from your vacation.
0 Replies 0
Need more support?