cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Dropbox with apple vision pro?

Can I use Dropbox with apple vision pro?

Mario787
Explorer | Level 3

How come Dropbox purposefully  block its iPad app from Apple Vision? When will it work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Replies 9

Ecnarps
New member | Level 2

I couldn’t agree more. Box even has a dedicated AVP pro app. Not even making the iPad app available so we can use it is lame. My account is up for renewal soon and I may have to switch to Box if they are not supporting it. 

tomnash
Helpful | Level 6

Me too!  In Vision OS tips, apple explicitly includes dropbox as a prime example of an external server you can connect to the Files app. I tried this, entering dropbox.com, my user email name, and password. After spinning wheel it said it failed to find a socket. Appears that this only works in iOS if you have the dropbox app installed. But you can't install it in Vision OS since it isn't available in the App Store.  Getting this fixed is far more urgent to me than any AI capabilities that it would seem is consuming Dropbox technical personnel rather than Vision OS. Please advise when this problem will be resolved. I am also thinking of terminating my subscription over this issue.

WilliamR
Helpful | Level 5

I have been using Dropbox for nearly 20 years. I am very disappointed that I cannot use with my VisionPro.  I am considering switching to Box.com.

SassyGirl
Explorer | Level 4

I might have to switch from Dropbox to Box and other services as well if Dropbox doesn't start supporting Apple Vision Pro.

ken_w
Helpful | Level 5

Note to Dropbox -- Can't you at least tell us whether or not Vision Pro support is "coming soon"? I don't mind waiting a month or two, but if no solution is in the works, at least I'll know to seek an alternate solution.

tomnash
Helpful | Level 6

Note this is now in the "Dropbox Ideas" forum where you can vote for it:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Apple-Vision-Pro-Support-with-Dropbox/idi-p/750873

dazzaji
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for sharing that link, I just upvoted this.  It’s really important that Dropbox stop obstructing this use of their iPad app on the Apple Vision Pro.  Now, please.

Invasion
Explorer | Level 4

I agree they need to tell us I’m ready to cancel 

Jadzia
Explorer | Level 4

Agree, we need this App. @Dropbox Team can you please add it?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jadzia Explorer | Level 4
    Invasion Explorer | Level 4
    dazzaji Helpful | Level 6
    tomnash Helpful | Level 6
    ken_w Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?