cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox password synchronisation notification isn't appearing on other device

Dropbox password synchronisation notification isn't appearing on other device

severard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm not seeing any notification on my moto G9 device when I try and initiate the dropbox password add on in the firefox browser.

"Check your other devices for a notification

Let’s make sure it’s you and sync any passwords you already added.
We’ll finish setting up after we get your approval on Firefox Windows or motorola moto g(9) plus.
Didn’t get it? "

Where does this notification appear? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

severard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On the second time I closed it and opened it, it got past the white screen. So whatever you did it worked.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

severard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've downloaded the Dropbox Passwords - Manager on my Moto G9 and when I open the app I get a totally white screen.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @severard, welcome to our Community! 

Just wanted to ask if you still face both of these issues, or if you managed to access Dropbox Passwords on your Moto G9? Do you still face the white screen? 

As for the notification, you should be able to receive it on your Android. If you didn't, could you try to close and re-open the Dropbox Passwords app on your device?

When you re-open the app, do you receive the notification? If not, is there any chance that your passwords are now synced?

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

severard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am still getting the blank screen on the dropbox app so I cannot receive the notification on my moto g9.

severard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On the second time I closed it and opened it, it got past the white screen. So whatever you did it worked.

Cire3
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

All of mine are suddenly signed out ? Not Dropbox, but Dropbox passwords.  I no notification anywhere. Can't seem to get any help

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Cire3, are you able to log into your Dropbox Passwords account using your saved recovery words?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Cire3
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same issue.  The one device I had logged into the extension logged out because it wasn't used for some time.

Now none of my devices are logged into the extension, and the wont allow me to just reset it either (even if I lose my passwords)  How the hell do I set it up as if I never used passwords extension ?  I already removed the app from security.  But as soon as I try to reinstall it, it's sending it God only knows what device. I have NO notification on ANY device I own. 

They closed my case too.

What do we do ?  

runnermomgail
Explorer | Level 4

I use Dropbox Plus on my PC and on my iphone, and I use Chrome as my browser. A couple years ago I set up the passwords app and it worked well. Now, when I click on the icon, it says: "Check your other devices for a notification." I do not see any notification anywhere on phone or PC. I have not changed my e-mail and I can easily log in to Dropbox. The recovery options don't seem to be desirable. I don't want to clear all my passwords; I just want access to them.

runnermomgail
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same issue with Passwords. I have closed and reopened both my iphone app and my PC app. I do not have any recovery words stored. I have not changed my e-mail. All I see when I try to access passwords is: Check your other devices for a notification. I cannot find any notification.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

runnermomgail Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?