cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox requiring google workspace to edit

Dropbox requiring google workspace to edit

ckmueller
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We have a contractor who is unable to access a google sheet for Dropbox. When they click the link, they are redirected to this page. They do have gmail and are logged in. No one else is having this issue. They cannot use google chrome on their computer.

We've tried all of the other tricks that I could think of.

Any insight?

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 8.47.45 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Angela Peacor
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Hannah, I figured it out.  The issue was using Duck Duck Go.  While I've been using DDG for some time, they must have updated their software about a week ago, and something in the update was stopping data from communicating between Dropbox and Google Workspace appropriately.  I turned off the DDG browser, and then the connection worked again.  So far, so good!

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @ckmueller, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community this Friday!

Is the person having this issue on a Dropbox Business account?

If so, they'd indeed need a paid G-Suite account to edit the files. A Google or Gmail account won't be enough in this instance.

Let me know if you have any questions or if that's not the case.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ckmueller
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for the response. Our organization does have Dropbox Business Standard, but we have shared documents with people outside of our organization before without running into this issue.

Thank you!

Angela Peacor
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello!  I have this same issue when I use Chrome.  When I click on any Google Workspace link in my Dropbox files, I get this error.  When I click on the login button, nothing happens.  When I use Safari, I get a slightly different error message than I need to enable cookies.  When I click the link in the Safari error message, it will allow me to access the Google document.  I do have a paid workspace account, and none of my co-workers are having this issue.  I have tried re-signing in to Dropbox and Google Workspace, as well as a full re-start of my PC.  I am a mac user.  Do you have any ideas about what is causing this?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Angela Peacor, sorry to see you're having trouble with this. 

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browsers, to see if that helps? 

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Angela Peacor
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Hannah,  Thank you for trying to help.  I just did what you suggested to clear the cache, and still nothing. 

Angela Peacor
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Hannah, I figured it out.  The issue was using Duck Duck Go.  While I've been using DDG for some time, they must have updated their software about a week ago, and something in the update was stopping data from communicating between Dropbox and Google Workspace appropriately.  I turned off the DDG browser, and then the connection worked again.  So far, so good!

killianadv
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have this problem using Chrome. I'm caught in an endless loop: I have both G Workspace and Business Dropbox but cannot connect Mac oS12.4 to blame? Solution?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @killianadv, I’m sorry to hear you’re having the same issue. 

Just to clarify, are you being asked to create an account with Google Workspace or are you being asked to sign in to your existing account? 

Do you mind sending over a screenshot of what you see, so that I can take a look? 

Thanks!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Lisa_Vermilion
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having this same issue. Here's a screenshot of the message. I am logged into Dropbox and Google with the same email, which is my work email. We have a Google Workspace account (and I'm an admin on both that and our Dropbox account). No one else at my company (all the same domain name, using the same Dropbox and GSuite accounts) is having this issue except me. I am on Firefox, but it looks like people are having this issue on Chrome and other browsers too. When I click "sign in" or "Return to Dropbox" the same page reloads. Would love some help on this! Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.31.33 PM.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    peterlandt Explorer | Level 3
    Front D.2 Helpful | Level 6
    pgoodall New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?