cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zapier Team Spaces

Zapier Team Spaces

israelj
Helpful | Level 5

Not having the ability to use our Zapier anymore because of being upgraded to Team Spaces is a huge failure IMHO on Dropbox's end. Please DropBox update your DropBox integration on Zapier to allow us to select if we want to move files to a Team Space folder. All our business tools we were using with DropBox are now broken.

13 Replies 13

TomFrigg
Helpful | Level 5

I agree - this "upgrade" has broken many of our integrations. I am now investigating getting rid of dropbox altogether given there seems to be no easy fix. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @israelj and @TomFrigg, thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We really appreciate your feedback here, and rest assured that it will be passed along to our team.

Indeed, when you were upgraded to the team space version of Dropbox Business, the folder locations changed a bit.

If just relinking these 3rd party apps again is not enough to restore functionality, we do recommend reaching out to the developers of these apps. 

They should be able to help you set up the apps again or modify the settings to allow them to work like they did before. 

The 3rd party app developers can find everything they need to update their app here, and they can also reach out to our developer support.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TomFrigg
Helpful | Level 5

This response is incorrect. 

Dropbox broke several of our integrations with the forced migration to the new folder structure and its not as simple as "oh just go back and map it again". We have used Zapier and Power Automate, which I know are 3rd party tools, but they no longer see the business folders. 

So now we are have to manual copy files over to locations that are accessible on a daily basis. Dropbox has offered literally zero support when I've reached out to resolve this. Pretty unacceptable on the face of it and even more so given the amount of money we pay every year and for how long we have been customers. 

We are quickly making our way to the door and will be cancelling our subscription in short order. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @TomFrigg, and sorry for jumping in. 

I can understand your frustration on the matter. For this reason, I’ve passed your latest comments to our team, as well, so that they can see them.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

adidat
New member | Level 2

Terrible, went from upgrading to dropbox teams, to breaking my entire back end with zapier, to having to switch providers. This is not something that can be fixed by zapier, as WARNING dropbox team folders can not be shared public (so that our freelancers and clients CAN NOT upload files into the folders auto generated by zapier when a service is ordered) 

This problem is YEARS old, cant find anything on the matter

vivalamovie
Explorer | Level 4

It seems that this problem still isn't solved.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @vivalamovie, sorry to hear about this.

Have you by any chance tried to disconnect the integration and re-connect it anew?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

vivalamovie
Explorer | Level 4

Hey Walter, yes, of course. Logged out multiple times on both, Zapier and Dropbox. But since the problem seems to be the access to those folders, this also made no difference.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @vivalamovie

Have you also been in touch with the developers of the third-party app you're using? 

They should be able to assist with setting up the app again or modifying its settings to allow it to function as before. In order to do this, they can follow these steps. Besides that, they can also reach out to our developer support.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

israelj Helpful | Level 5
    toehmen New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?