cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An update on Showcase

Highlighted

An update on Showcase

Community Manager
Dropbox has made the decision to discontinue Showcase, a feature included with Dropbox Professional, Business Advanced, and Enterprise, starting on 1/31/2021. From observing usage of Dropbox Showcase, the team found that it was primarily used for final delivery with analytics. You might have seen, through the launch of some new products, that Dropbox made the decision to focus on building dedicated tools for these needs - specificallyDropbox Transfer, branded sharing, and traffic and insights.

• Dropbox Transfer lets you easily and securely send large files and collections of files to anyone and confirm delivery
  • Branded sharing lets you present files with your logo, company name, and a background image
  • Traffic and insights allow you to see who’s visited your links, when they were accessed, and more details (available with Dropbox Professional, Business Advanced, and Enterprise)

Individuals on a team account can reach out to their admins with questions about access to these tools.

So, what does that mean for my Showcases? 

Starting on January 31, 2021, all showcases you’ve created, including any related statistics, will no longer be available. But don’t worry, the files within your Showcases are existing files within Dropbox, so you will not lose access to these. You can also download the contents within your Showcase to a local folder. Alternatively, you can check out this post to learn about other ways to save content from your Showcases.

We apologize for any inconvenience this change causes. Rest assured that we’ll continue developing the above tools and future products to improve your Dropbox experience. To learn more about this transition, visit our help center.

We always appreciate your feedback, and if you have an idea for a new Dropbox feature, you can share it here
2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: An update on Showcase

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, 

I have used Showcase to share different types of documents that are not in the same folders. Moreover, there was the possibility to add extra content (Youtube videos, link to url, etc.)

It was for us very useful like a simple webpage to share documents with a nicer design. 

I do not understand how I will be able to do that with the features you recommend now.

Thanks for your answer and help, 

Highlighted

Re: An update on Showcase

Explorer | Level 4

I must echo the sentiments of other users. I use Showcase & Transfer in conjunction with each other. I do not believe one fully replaces the other. I use Showcase to present mockups/proposals for brands that I'm working with. It is the perfect solution as the above users said for making a professional presentation page for end users. When everything is said and done then I package up files and send them via Transfer. I would also like to ask that you PLEASE reconsider this decision. It was really the only add-on that was keeping me with a Professional account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?