cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get any help with my Business account or admin status

Can't get any help with my Business account or admin status

megc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My company's business account is almost 5 years old and was created by a member of our team whose email account was deleted shortly after our dropbox was created. We have no admin access and have been able to somehow update our credit card information in the past but now are not able to. It was been impossible to actually talk to anyone at Dropbox. I keep getting the run around and I'm not sure what to do, everyone email and live chat I get automated messages or told someone will call me (who never does).

Has anyone else had this problem and how were you able to resolve it? At this point I'm thinking about just migrating everything over to google drive but we have so many files on our DB i'm not even sure if I would be able to. Feeling extremely frustrated with how hard it is to get support 😞 Dropbox has the worse customer service out of all the hundreds of platforms we use. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, Dropbox doesn't know about the email's status on your end, so you could recreate the email, reset the Dropbox password for that account, login, and re-upgrade to whatever plan you have previously. 

Once you're certain that the team is back to normal, you can assign a new member to be the team admin, check they can login and access the admin console, and even delete the old team admin since they're no longer a part of the team.

Depending on your team size, we recommend having two team admins to prevent situations like this from occurring again.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @megc, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In general, only the team admin can contact the support team for phone support on Dropbox Business teams.

Is the team admin's email part of a public email provider or part of a private domain? Is it not possible to recreate that email, even temporarily, in order to gain access to the admin features?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

megc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HI thanks for you reply. It is a part of a private domain. I could recreate it. Would that allow me to do a password recovery and access?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, Dropbox doesn't know about the email's status on your end, so you could recreate the email, reset the Dropbox password for that account, login, and re-upgrade to whatever plan you have previously. 

Once you're certain that the team is back to normal, you can assign a new member to be the team admin, check they can login and access the admin console, and even delete the old team admin since they're no longer a part of the team.

Depending on your team size, we recommend having two team admins to prevent situations like this from occurring again.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

megc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

THANK YOU!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to have helped out, If you need any further assistance in the future, please let me know.

Enjoy your week ahead!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

papi chulo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
could anyboy please help i am tourted buy some fraud word or some organization account and this how or one wsy the stealing my files and photos dropbox will not help me i clearley see someone with desktop account and i dont have a computer im not nor would have any orgsnszation admin

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @papi chulo, thanks for posting here. 

Can you please send more details on what has happened exactly? Do you mean that someone else has gained access to your Dropbox account or have you accidentally joined another Business team?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

martinag_photography
New member | Level 2
Hi, I have an urgent problem. From today I was disconnected from the business account I was part of with my team because our Dropbox contract ended. The message that appeared on my computer said that the files were not deleted. I need to speak to an operator to have access for only 1 hour to recover files. How can I do.
in the meantime I'm in contact with the one who used to be the administrator of the business group but now he's busy and can't reply to me.
Thank you.

martinag_photography
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

I have a different but equally urgent problem.
From today I was disconnected from the business account I was part of with my team because our Dropbox contract ended.
The message that appeared on my computer said that the files were not deleted.
How can I access my files? I need only 1 hour to control and recover some important work files.
can you help me? Thank you. 
I'm in contact with the administrator but he can't answer me now.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    martinag_photography New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    papi chulo New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?