cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with cancelling Dropbox Professional Free Trial with APP STORE

Can't cancel Professional trial

Marina Matic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I have used a free Trial for the Professional subscription and the free trial is to expire in 7 days. I wanted to cancel it before it charged me because in the meantime I am "upgraded" to a Family plan by my coworker and now I can't find my free trial cancel option anywhere. Did it maybe dissapear because I am upgraded to the Family plan? Thanks! Marina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Marina Matic, thanks for the screenshot.

Actually, the moment that you joined the Family plan, your Professional trial was automatically cancelled.

You should be able to check the personal subscription history here.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting here, @Marina Matic!

Did you also check your Plan page, and there is no option to cancel your Professional trial? What’s the current plan you see when visiting that page?

Let me know, and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Marina Matic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, Can't see anything in the Plan section except the details of the Family plan. Capture.JPG

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Marina Matic, thanks for the screenshot.

Actually, the moment that you joined the Family plan, your Professional trial was automatically cancelled.

You should be able to check the personal subscription history here.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Marina Matic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you Hannah! 🙂

leo227
New member | Level 2

HI,
on 04/22/2023 I did the free trial of the Professional plan.
Shortly after the free trial started, I canceled it from the APP STORE, so that if I forget to cancel it, they won't charge me any more money.
On 5/15/2023, dropbox sent me an email saying: Your trial of Dropbox Professional will end on 5/21/2023.
On 05/22/2023 dropbox had sent me an email in which it said: "We're having trouble with your recent Dropbox Professional payment. Don't worry, you still have access to your account, but you'll need to visit the App Store to update your payment details.Apple handles the billing for subscriptions started through the iOS app.

Once your info gets updated, we'll re-bill you through the App Store. Or, your account will automatically downgrade to our Basic plan after June 8, 2023. Your files won't get deleted, but you'll have less storage space— from 2,000 GB to 2 GB. " The problem is that I had already canceled the free trial of Dropbox Professional, and now I would like to switch to Dropbox Plus paying by credit card and not through the APP STORE.

PS: I already contacted Dropbox support via chat but they say I have to contact them via dropbox.com/support, but today is Saturday and they are not available.

A thousand thanks.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @leo227 

Unfortunately there isnt anything you can do but contact support as suggested as this is an account issue. OR set up a totally new account with a new email so that there isnt a trial linked to it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hlrubinstein
Explorer | Level 3

I am experiencing the same issue. I look to cancel my professional subscription and it just says I am on the basic plan

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @hlrubinstein, let's jump right into this! 

How did you start the trial; on the Dropbox website, or in the Dropbox app on a mobile device?

Keep in mind that Basic is our free plan. Is it possible that you have another Dropbox account that you started the trial with? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

hlrubinstein
Explorer | Level 3
It was the Professional trial, not the basic.
Need more support?