cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox just makes me angry. Is anyone really satisfied with it?

All files gone

Sawyer1971
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For a decade or more I've used Dropbox as a place where I store files from jobs I've worked on. These are files I don't work on anymore, but use to look things up. Last week I wanted to check something, and discovered that my Dropbox was empty. Except for the file "how to start with Dropbox", all my files are gone.  I contacted customer service. To no avail. Do files go missing more often on dropbox? Can we sue Dropbox if they do? Anybody with experience in this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Sawyer1971, is it possible that you have two Dropbox accounts, and that you opened a new account by mistake? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Sawyer1971
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am going back to hard drives. Just lost all my Dropbox files. I am just so frustrated with Dropbox.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If that is the only file you are seeing @Sawyer1971 its almost certain that EITHER you havent logged in to the account in over 12 months and as such it has been closed and this is now a brand new one or you have accidentally logged in to/set up a new account. 

www.dropbox.com/events should give you some info as to whats happened. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Sawyer1971, sorry to hear about this.

Can you see any signs of your missing files in your deleted files page or the events page perhaps?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Sawyer1971
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

No, all of these are empty. Do you have back-ups of information? Last time I opened my dropbox was a few months ago.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Sawyer1971, can you clarify when was the last time you saw your files online?

Also, did you use the app to sync the files, the mobile app or the website, in order to upload them? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sawyer1971
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

You say Dropbox cannot delete the files, but I lost all my files (totally everything) from my dropbox. I certainly didn't delete it. It was my history of jobs I do as a freelancer. Dropbox is not able to restore it, at least in my case. Make sure you make back-ups!

Sawyer1971
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I lost all my files (totally everything) from my dropbox. I certainly didn't delete it. It was my history of jobs I do as a freelancer. Dropbox is not able to restore it, at least in my case. Make sure you make back-ups!

Sawyer1971
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

You say Dropbox cannot delete the files, but I lost all my files (totally everything) from my dropbox. I certainly didn't delete it. It was my history of jobs I do as a freelancer. Dropbox is not able to restore it, at least in my case. Make sure you make back-ups!

Sawyer1971
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I lost all my files (totally everything) from my dropbox. I certainly didn't delete it. It was my history of jobs I do as a freelancer. Dropbox is not able to restore it, at least in my case. Make sure you make back-ups!

Need more support?