cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant acces due to old email

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

390 Replies 390

Kristy Crooks
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
If i had done that, Would it give me the option for another way to log in? There's no prompts

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kristy Crooks wrote:
If i had done that, Would it give me the option for another way to log in? There's no prompts

Yes via Support OR via the log on flow on the site when configured - it asks you if you want to use a different method (I think the wording is "Having issues logging on?") and you can choose to direct the emails to other authorised ones. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Martin55
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi
I cannot access my dropbox. I havde No longer acces to the email connected to the account, but if it was possible I could sign in with the old email to fix it. But due to password leaks, dropbox wants me to enter a code that is send to the email I dont have access to.
Is it possible to connect in some way?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Martin55 wrote:
I cannot access my dropbox. I havde No longer acces to the email connected to the account ...

If you've forgotten your password, your password has expired, or you're being sent a one-time security code, there's no way to gain access to the account without access to the email address associated with it.

Your best bet is to see if your email provider can reactivate your old email address so you can receive the security code.

Pdv
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Much like some of the other users, I'm paying for a subscription and am being prompted to enter a 6-digit code when logging in, but the email address associated with it is long dead. Given I have the correct email and password, surely I should at least be able to log in to change the email address without needing to do the 6-digit code? Otherwise, why require a password in the first place?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Pdv, the 6 digit security code is a measure to prevent unauthorized access to your account, such as if you're trying to login from a new location or device.

Do you have any devices that are currently logged into that account?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

OneDollarEarned
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As of Monday, June 12th the owner of my email domain retired the domain name and ended it's partnership with the email service provider.  As a result, I can't log into my Dropbox account.  When I try to log in Dropbox sends a code to the email address that doesn't exist.  Unfortunately I can't contact Dropbox via a phone because I don't have a business account.  How can I resolve this issue?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@OneDollarEarned wrote:

... my email domain retired ... As a result, I can't log into my Dropbox account. ... How can I resolve this issue?

Ultimately, you can't. If you've forgotten your password or it has expired, or you're being sent a one-time security code to an email address you can no longer access, it's not possible to sign in to the account without access to the email address registered with Dropbox. If it's a paid account you can contact Support to have any future charges cancelled, but they won't provide access to the account if you can't verify the account through the email address.

JeyGhis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Can someone help to know how to update my email address since there is no option available?

I'm just requesting to validate the one I set and I don't anymore have access to that one. I even forgot the password and there is no way to recover the account as all the available options suggested are not affordable.

Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JeyGhis wrote:

I'm just requesting to validate the one I set and I don't anymore have access to that one. I even forgot the password and there is no way to recover the account as all the available options suggested are not affordable.

Just to be clear, you've forgotten the password to your Dropbox account and no longer have access to the email registered with the account?

If so, then it's not possible to sign in to the account. You'll need access to the email address in order to receive the password reset information. Your best option will be to contact your email provider and see if they can reactivate your email address.

Need more support?