cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting box is full message when only 1 GB of 2 GB used.

Getting box is full message when only 1 GB of 2 GB used.

Baja David
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No desire or need to upgrade, as I only used 50% of my space, and I have removed many folders today. No change when I try to upload. Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you accidentally set up Backups?

www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you accidentally set up Backups?

www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Baja David
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I checked and there was stuff in te backups (that was not in the regular location). I deleted that. Thanks... I will see if the uploading is allowed now.

Baja David
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Once again, I am getting the pop up that my Dropbox is full and to upgrade. I check how much space I have: 

Dropbox Basic

433.91 MB of 2 GB used
WHAT GIVES?? What do I do?? Thank you!!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Baja David, I’m sorry to hear the issue persists. 

Can you please go to this page, and send me a screenshot of what you see?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Baja David
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Would be happy to, but I don't see an option on that page to attach a screenshot or to whom it goes.

Thank you for the offer. PS couldn't I attach it here?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Baja David wrote:

... couldn't I attach it here?

That is what Nancy intended. Go to that page, take a screenshot of it, then post it here.

Baja David
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Many thanks for your efforts to help... I had already deleted more of my files, in frustration, and the person sending me the folder of PDFs that wouldn't load onto Dropbox, changed them into a zip folder... plus other things. 

IF I see that pop up message again, I will keep a screenshot and show you. 

If the original PDF folder was too big (like over my available space or over 2 gb, if my space was empty), the better message would be to tell me what I am tring to put in Dropbox is too large for my available space, instead of saying I was out of space BEFORE downloading it... right?

Again, thank for your offers of help... I may need you guys again!

Need more support?