cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Over storage limit

Over storage limit

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

Dropbox has been sending me emails to upgrade my account. It seems that I am over the storage limit. 

Please can someone tell me how to check this out so that I can get back to the amount of storage that is available to a free account?

Many thanks,

Janz

22 Replies 22

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! 

Dropbox has been sending me the same message since some while back. I took the screenshot this afternoon. In between, I've not done much on Dropbox. The most recent warning from Dropbox about my storage is today, but I haven't added anything else to Dropbox today. 

Look forward to hearing from you,

Janz 

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

Thanks for checking. These screenshots were taken today, but Dropbox had been nagging me about being over limited for some months now. 

I don't come onto Dropbox much, but had to use it a little while back, and that was when I saw the usage warning. It was a first time for me!

Regards

Janz

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb!

Can you check the email address of the sender of those emails and let me know if they are coming from one of the official Dropbox domains?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah

How do I check the email please?

Thanks,

Janz

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi again, Hannah!

I've found where the notification came from now. It's when I sign in and it's under the bell icon to the top right of my Dropbox account. 

Thanks for asking. Look forward to hearing from you,

Janz

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 21.11.32.png

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb,

Just ignore all those messages. They are too old and describe things had happened long time ago. Whatever described it's no more actual. 😉 Currently your account is definitely not over-quota! That's what matters.

Good luck.

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you! I am technically challenged and someone had helped me to set up this account when he was making our B&B website page for us. Hence, all those warnings have terrified me that my account might be closed!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb wrote:

... Hence, all those warnings have terrified me that my account might be closed!

🙂 No, relax. All those messages don't show (themself alone) that you account is going to be closed. Keep your account in touch though - i.e. access it and check for some messages from time to time! So you wont miss some important things, like your account has been blocked for some time year or so ago. Even more - if you don't perform any access for year or more, your account MAY be closed (because of inactivity). Something that you would be warned for in advance. If you miss such message, you may lose your account.

Again, good luck. 😉

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the advice. It didn't occur to me to do that. Do I actually need to upload or delete items ie make an action on my account in order to keep it alive, or will signing in alone keep the account live?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb wrote:

..., or will signing in alone keep the account live?

This is absolutely enough. Just take care to be least one per year or better twice.

Need more support?