cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Over storage limit

Over storage limit

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

Dropbox has been sending me emails to upgrade my account. It seems that I am over the storage limit. 

Please can someone tell me how to check this out so that I can get back to the amount of storage that is available to a free account?

Many thanks,

Janz

22 Replies 22

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks so much for your advice! I'll make a note for myself to signing at least twice a year! Does it matter whether the two times must be spread out or not? For instance, signing in in January and once in June, rather than say a month apart?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

In general the idea is you make sure there is least one sign in over past calendar year at every one moment. This is the only mandatory thing. Of course, you can organize this in the most convenient way for you. Usually, it is better spread the things as uniform as possible. So if you skip/forget some sign in, there will still be enough time - i.e. nothing critical. That's it - nothing more.

kaFxo3-zigkad-nerxyb
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks so much for your advice. It's much appreciated. ðŸ˜Š

Need more support?