cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox iPhone app keeps locking up frozen completely

Dropbox iPhone app keeps locking up frozen completely

Dragon Personal Management
Helpful | Level 7
dropbox app on iPhone keeps locking up in the middle of doing stuff. The app freezes completely. The screen is just frozen. The iPhone is fully working correctly. Everything is fine. I am able to close the app completely, but it will not restart .The app freezes completely. The screen is just freezes regularly when using Dropbox . The solution to, that is yes, you guessed it to reboot the iPhone at first I thought it was just me but my wife who has a completely different model of iPhone has exactly the same problem. So this is clearly a software issue. Somehow the dropbox iOS apps just seem to unstable. I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro running the latest iOS software and my wife is using an iPhone 12 pro also running the latest iOS software. I also have a long-standing problem using the iPad software. This is raised elsewhere. This is different to this one but also is related to the app just stopping working. I also have a long-standing problem using the iPad software. This is raised elsewhere. This is different to this one but also is related to the app just stopping working. this problem is easy to recreate. Just use dropbox on your iPhone for a day. It will soon show its head.
5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dragon Personal Management, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and re-installing it to see if this helps?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Helpful | Level 7

Already done I will see what happens but have done this before - its also effecting another device - I am on a paid tier with unlimited devices.

Helpful | Level 7

I will keep you updated 🙂

KevinAtDropbox
Dropbox Staff

Hi. Following up here. Was it working fine, and then suddenly began to freeze one day? Or did this only start to happen following an iOS system update and/or a Dropbox app update?

We are currently looking into fixing a bunch of crash and freeze issues with the iOS app and are trying to chase them all down. So your information can be very helpful to us.

Jim G.24
Helpful | Level 5
Same exact issue. Been using for years on various iPhones. This started on my iPhone 13 around January or so? It’s beyond annoying. I’ve noticed it’s after I am browsing and then open something it’ll usually freeze when I resume browsing.
Need more support?