cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Can't get folder metadata for team admin's files

Can't get folder metadata for team admin's files

roi_kedem
Explorer | Level 3

My app works well when the user (authenticated via oAuth2) is a private user. When the user is a team admin I can't use /2/files/get_metadata - I always get a 'path not found' error.

The path I use is the folder id I get from the chooser. I need to get its name and path.

I relate to Dropbox's answer here: 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34865841/dropbox-http-api-get-files-folders-for-current-tokens-a...

that says: "Note that if you only ever want to perform API calls for the specific user that authorizes the app, you register and should use a normal Dropbox API app, instead of a Dropbox Business API app"

Using Business API app didn't help in my case either.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

- the exact steps to reproduce the issue
- the name and version of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any
- the full text of the error/any output
- the relevant code snippet(s)

Thanks in advance! 

roi_kedem
Explorer | Level 3

No need for that. the problem was that for Development applications (not production) there is a difference between the file access of the app to what the 'chooser' can see. Chooser gave the app folder_id that tha app could not see.

I think it's not a nice idea to let the chooser see files other than what the app can see

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for the feedback!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    roi_kedem Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?