cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any change in dropbox folder triggers Webhook twice

Any change in dropbox folder triggers Webhook twice

nagar1403
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Team,

We have configured Webhook in a dropbox app to listen to any changes on a folder which has two sub folders with variation of files in it. Whenever any file is uploaded to these folders, our service is getting two webhook calls per action. This is causing duplication in our application.

We have kept the cursor file on our server generated from 

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder

with path = parent (root) folder and recursive=true so that we get notifications for any uploads in subfolders. Whenever, any webhook call arrives, we make a call to 

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder/continue

with cursor on the server to get the lates files uploaded and save the details in our database. Now if two webhook calls are coming at the same time for same action, then list_folder/comtinue is triggered twice with same cursor and hence created issue in our system. 

Any help in correcting, configurationing cursors or our approach would be of great support. Kindly help!!

Thanks

Neha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nagar1403
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We raised ticket with dropbox and got the following response.

"I just checked on the webhook URI you cited, and it appears this issue may be related to the webhook URI being previously registered for now-disabled apps. We've cleaned those up, so this should no longer be occurring. Please let me know if you're still seeing this. Thanks!"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you haven't already, please open an API ticket so we can look into why you're getting double webhook notifications.

In any case, even without that issue, it's possible for users to trigger multiple webhook notifications in quick succession, so this is something you should build your app to handle. There's guidance on this under "Manage concurrency" in the webhooks tutorial. Please review that for more information on handling that. Thanks!

nagar1403
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We raised ticket with dropbox and got the following response.

"I just checked on the webhook URI you cited, and it appears this issue may be related to the webhook URI being previously registered for now-disabled apps. We've cleaned those up, so this should no longer be occurring. Please let me know if you're still seeing this. Thanks!"

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nagar1403 New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?