cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has_more value from list_folder enpoint

Has_more value from list_folder enpoint

neunygph
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have been getting files from "//api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder" endpoint but I never get any "has_more" value is true from the response, even with a folder with more than 300 items.

1.What's the mininum number of item in a folder/directory in order to get a has_more = true ?

2. With has_more = false, but I still get cursor value and I thought we only get cursor value to get next available items and only when has_more = true. Do we use cursor value for any other purpose beside getting next available items ?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. This is subject to change, so don't rely on this number, but it's generally 1000-2000 files.

2. Yes, even when has_more=false, it's best to store the returned cursor returned by /2/files/list_folder. You can then call /2/files/list_folder/continue later once changes do occur, in order to get information on what (and only what) changed. You can use /2/files/list_folder/longpoll or webhooks to find out when changes occur.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. This is subject to change, so don't rely on this number, but it's generally 1000-2000 files.

2. Yes, even when has_more=false, it's best to store the returned cursor returned by /2/files/list_folder. You can then call /2/files/list_folder/continue later once changes do occur, in order to get information on what (and only what) changed. You can use /2/files/list_folder/longpoll or webhooks to find out when changes occur.

neunygph
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oh I see, thanks Greg.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

neunygph Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?