Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

I bought a new Asus laptop and it tells me that i have 25GB capacity.

New member | Level 1

I bought a new Asus laptop and it tells me that i have 25GB capacity. Upon sign up, I only have 2GB + 500MB for successful referral from the computer engineer. May I know how to get that 25GB capacity? Feel like being cheated somehow.

12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: I bought a new Asus laptop and it tells me that i have 25GB capacity.

Super User alumni

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9120 will go over specifics / exclusions of the promotion and the steps to redeem  the space. 

New member | Level 1

This 25G offer appears to be a scam. I did everything as described in the guide above, but is still stuck with my 2GB - even tried twice - and wasted an hour on this :(

Super User II

First off. Please dont swear. It isnt necessary on a public forum.

Secondly. It isnt a scam. You just have to make sure you get everything spot on - and not do anything else, for example upgrading the Dropbox software before its claimed invalidates the promotion. Claiming more than once is also not allowed. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 1

What is going to happen after this free 6 months? Some of your up dates will disappear?

New member | Level 1

It is for new users not existing users. Funny commercial.

Super User II

Thats incorrect. Its for all users Behnam. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 1

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9120

How can I check if my device is eligible?

Your device may be eligible if the Dropbox installer is pre-loaded on your device. To redeem the promotion, complete at least five steps of the Get started guide.

This promotion is only available for new Dropbox users. If you link your ASUS device to an existing Dropbox account, you won’t receive promotional space.

Super User II

I apologise. I've never ever known any promo like that before - however, from experience if they have T&C's linked to them its usually down to the people paying for the promo (i.e. Asus)

Super User II

Most of the promotions that are included with new devices (the former Samsung and HTC promos, Dell, etc.) were always for new accounts only. The solution... open a new account.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I bought a new Asus laptop and it tells me that i have 25GB capacity.
12 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey