cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can No Longer Use Google Sign In On Mid 2009 MBP (OSX El Capitan)

Can No Longer Use Google Sign In On Mid 2009 MBP (OSX El Capitan)

DJEpsee
Explorer | Level 3

Why can I no longer sign in with Google for my dropbox app that keeps a backup of my files that are on this MBP.  This is crazy frustrating!  Why!?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox minimum requirements are 10.13 on a Mac: https://help.dropbox.com/installs/system-requirements. So, I assume the browser is just too old to work with the current security methods

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DJEpsee
Explorer | Level 3
I’m not using the browser. I’m using the actual app

Mark
Super User II

@DJEpsee wrote:
I’m not using the browser. I’m using the actual app

So that means your Operating System is on longer supported and wont connect to Dropbox. 

I'm afraid you'll need to use the website or upgrade the OS

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    DJEpsee Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?