cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't back up the Documents folder of my second computer to Dropbox

Can't back up the Documents folder of my second computer to Dropbox

Fabry1088
New member | Level 2

Buongiorno,

vi espongo un problema consapevole della possibilità di non riuscire a farmi capire.

Ho acquistato un nuovo Mac e trasferito i file dal Mac vecchio (che era sincronizzato in toto su Dropbox). 

Sulla mia cartella DropBox risultano pertanto 2 Mac:

- il primo (quello vecchio) con sincronizzazione di Desktop, Downloads, Documents (come avevo impostato)

- il secondo (quello nuovo) con sincronizzazione di Desktop e Downloads

Mi risulta impossibile sincronizzare i Documenti del Mac nuovo, risultando in realtà quella essere una cartella "appartenente" al Mac vecchio.

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Ehi @Fabry1088, grazie per averci contattato.

Se ho capito bene, hai sincronizzato un nuovo computer con il tuo Dropbox, ma non riesci a eseguire il backup della cartella Documenti, poiché sembra appartenere al vecchio Mac?

Puoi chiarire come hai originariamente trasferito i tuoi file dal vecchio computer a quello nuovo?

E cosa vedi esattamente quando provi ad abilitare il backup per la tua cartella Documenti?

Ricevi qualche tipo di messaggio di errore? In tal caso, inviaci uno screenshot, in modo che possiamo avere una visuale del problema.

Grazie!

--------

Hey @Fabry1088, thanks for reaching out to us.

If I understand correctly, you've synced a new computer to your Dropbox, but you're unable to back up your Documents folder, as it appears to belong to the old Mac?

Can you please clarify how you originally transferred your files from the old computer to the new one?

And what do you see exactly, when you try to enable backup for your Documents folder?

Are you getting some kind of error message? If so, please send us a screenshot, so we can have a visual of the issue.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?