cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox won't open at all. Ventura 13.4

Can't open the Dropbox desktop application on Mac OS 13.4

MountainDog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Upgrade my Macbook Pro from 2018 to a new 2023 Macbook Pro M2. Installed the latest version of DB,, and the app crashes after a few minutes. However, I installed an older Intel version and it r,uns without crashing. I am a paying customer of DB. Tried running the adv reinstall (https://help.dropbox.com/installs/advanced-reinstall), and it installed the Intel version. Which is seems stable. Ideally, I would like to run DB natively. Open to suggestions and ideas.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.33.41 PM.png

M2 Proc

76 Replies 76

TORLEY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for all the tips. Was wondering what the heck was happening.

After turning OFF early releases and reinstalling, I got Dropbox to start up again.

I didn't have to relink.

wisiena
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem.

I uninstalled DB and installed again. It started normally and crashed few seconds after. Can not start it again.

(M.) 

Fluk3
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Update, now it no longer starts at reboot (it hangs in activity viewer) and I get the error:

The application "Dropbox" could not be launched because a miscellaneous error occurred.

Contextual menus appear but do nothing when selected (share, send as copy, version history, view on dropbox.com).

However, files are apparently syncing to dropbox.com and to other Macs and PCs.

But on the macs, the green check mark status does not match the file provider icon status for each file.

I am on the early release because I use Adobe apps which require link activation. I was using 12.2.1 on my primary mac to avoid beta dropbox but a necessary macOS repair forced me to update to 12.6.6 😞

MountainDog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hopefully, DB will push out a fix for Apple Silicon Macs sooner than later.

bhak
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hope so but mine is Intel.

golf4grl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue here.   Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times.  Can only access my files via dropbox.com but then cannot attach files to an email.

Ugh~!

jdshaffer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Exact same problem on three Macs. No amount of reinstalling and rebooting seems to help for more than a few minutes. 

TORLEY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For those of you still having this — can you confirm you turned OFF "Early releases" in your account settings?

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 8.06.28 AM.png

The issue only resolved AFTER I did that, force-quit the current Dropbox, then re-downloaded the installer and replaced the old app.

This is an account-level setting, so chances are you need to repeat this process for each affected Mac you have Dropbox installed on.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone, thank you for reporting this issue to us.

Like @TORLEY suggested, anyone still having this issue, can you go to your account settings, turn off the "early releases" option and then run the Dropbox installer (without uninstalling the previous version) through this link, to see if that helps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SMirc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Also on Apple Silicon macOS 13.4 and yesterday noticed the Dropbox icon had disappeared in the menu bar and listed as (Not Responding) in Activity Monitor. Did an advanced uninstall as outlined in this article and was able to get Dropbox up and running again. It started an initial indexing of my files and then again menu item vanished and listed as (Not Responding) in Activity Monitor. Back where I started.

Need more support?