cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows 8.1 not working with actual Stable Build 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

trollu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here, please share if any solution will shown.

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

To all the new people reading this thread.

Try the beta mentioned here. Worked for me.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277 

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Fefeo 

Prova la beta menzionata qui. Ha funzionato per me. La versione 111.4.472 non funziona.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277 

(Google translated)

wilson576
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can confirm that the beta version solves it, however, it completely messed up my files due to a syncronization error and I have to reupload basically everything from an archive that I have thankfully made as soon as the problem started.

ms115
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

+1 for me on this issue, destop windows 10 only.

Also, +1 to the beta build linked above -- that fixed my issue. 

gpachler
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Using Beta 112.3.254 solved the problem.

Angel Quinteiro TA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Me esta pasando lo mismp en dos eqquipos con dos cuentas diferentes

Angel Quinteiro TA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Me esta pasando lo mismo en dos equipos con dos cuentas diferentes alguien me puede ayudar

Robertdam
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem.
I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I have followed the troubleshooting:
I've checked my time on my PC, router. It's fine. I' checked firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing found.

Internet works good with 500 mbps.

Another PC in this house with the same router doesn't have this problem with Dropbox .....

Help; what is the solution?

Dropbox je computer is momenteel offline.PNG

Mario_TechBel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem exactly.

I tried to connect to my iPhone hotspot - Didn't work. 

I downgraded the software version - It worked until the moment Dropbox upgraded to the latest ver. again.

Please help!

Need more support?