cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Login Password

Community Login Password

Homer712
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Question about Dropbox passwords, both the desktop app and for the online Dropbox Community. When installing Dropbox on a new computer, part of the process includes logging into your Dropbox account. User name and password. When you want to login to the online (this site) Dropbox Community, is that password suppose to be the same as your account password. I just discovered (recently changed password managers) that both my passwords (desktop app & online community) are the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Homer712 wrote:

When you want to login to the online (this site) Dropbox Community, is that password suppose to be the same as your account password.

Yes. You sign in to the Community using your Dropbox credentials; the email address and password that you use to sign in to Dropbox. If you're already signed in to the Dropbox website, when you visit the Community and click on Sign In you will automatically be signed in with your Dropbox account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Homer712 wrote:

When you want to login to the online (this site) Dropbox Community, is that password suppose to be the same as your account password.

Yes. You sign in to the Community using your Dropbox credentials; the email address and password that you use to sign in to Dropbox. If you're already signed in to the Dropbox website, when you visit the Community and click on Sign In you will automatically be signed in with your Dropbox account.

Homer712
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Rich, thank you for the explanation, totally answered my question.

Need more support?