cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: Dropbox Badge and Multiple Monitor Placement Issue

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

Craig N.  : they knew of this problem from before the badge exited beta and still released, so I would not expect a fix to be forthcoming.

Maik V.
New member | Level 1

The issue is still there... also if i move the badge. it doen't safe this position. i need to do this everytime when i open a document

Robert H.27
New member | Level 1

I would love to find out how to get rid of the cotton picking badge. Does anybody know how to do that? Any help would be appreciated.

R L.1
New member | Level 1

Same here (circled in red)

)

yuri b.
New member | Level 1

Two screens, Word 2010 on 1.5 screens totally screws the batch. Moreover the app (lower right) is frozen/won't minimise. Any updates in this before we migrate to another service??

Stefanie
Dropboxer

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the screenshot. Would you mind sharing which graphics card you have in this machine? 

Thanks in advance!

yuri b.
New member | Level 1

The one that allows all other programs to work without issues (Intel).

Stefanie
Dropboxer

Yuri, in order for us to investigate the nature of the problem, we'll need a bit more information. Which Intel graphics card exactly do you have? You can use these instructions to find the information. Please also feel free to open a support ticket on https://www.dropbox.com/support for further troubleshooting.

Server_Align
Collaborator | Level 10

@Sofia "uri, in order for us to investigate the nature of the problem, we'll need a bit more information. Which Intel graphics card exactly do you have?"

Really? 

You are asking for stuff that simply isnt relevant to a problem and drawing Yuri off the issue by such acts. 

I have the same problem. Im using a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Are you suggesting that Microsoft windows (The MBDA is built into the OS) is incompatible with dropbox? as I think that would mean Dropbox is incompatible with Microsoft Windows, something your site suggest is not the case.

---

For all others, here is the problem in a nutshell, the badge is just a bitmap drawing, in a window, the window does not display the title bar, and one of the colors of the bit map is designated transparent. When the badge is wanted on the edge of the screen the window has simply been placed at a location so only half the badge is displayed on the screen, this results in the other half of the window being on another screen, so that half of the badge displays there. To correct this problem, they just need some extra bitmaps of only half of the badge drawn and the transparent color filling in the rest, so when its aligned to the edge of a screen the bitmap with only half the drawing replaces the whole drawing one. BOOM your done.

A well known example of an application performing this (window shaping) would be Microsoft Windows Media Player 7 with its bent corners etc.

Stefanie
Dropboxer

Hi again,

My apologies for not being clear before: Yuri's screenshot and description of the problem make me believe that he's not experiencing the same problem as user users in this thread, but a separate (known) issue which we are currently investigating. For this one, it is very relevant which graphics/video card is used.

I am not trying to draw attention away from the problem. My apologies again if that's what it seemed like. Instead I'm trying to gather relevant information for troubleshooting this further. 

@Yuri if you could tell me which graphics/video card you are using, that would be incredibly helpful. Please bear in mind that "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" would be a graphics driver, but not the physical card. 

Thanks in advance!

Need more support?