Apps and Installations
Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.
For the last couple weeks, my Dropbox Capture is pasting screenshots as attachments in Outlook emails, instead of being inserted inside the message body.
Does anybody know how to modify that behavior?...it was working fine before...
Hi @Diego Baragiola, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Are you able to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if this resolves the behavior?
Keep me updated with any progress!
Thanks for the hint.
I have re-installed the capture app but it still behaves as before. If I use Windows capture the screenshot gets embedded in the body text, but with Dropbox capture it keeps on creating a *.png attachment.
Hi @Diego Baragiola, how are you today?
Can you let me know the exact steps you follow when this happens?
Does that happen automatically, or do you see an option to change the file type?
I do the following:
- I create a new message in outlook
- I select the Dropbox Capture icon and click on "Screenshot"
- I highlight a portion of the screen to capture
- Then I either do CTRL+V to paste the image into the e-mail or select markup to add some squares/arrows and then go SAVE, and paste into outlook
- what I get is an attachment to my message (called "Screenshot by Dropbox Capture.png"), instead of getting the image within the body.
Hope this helps 😀
Thanks for the update, I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team directly for further assistance on this matter.
I am having the same issue with Version 126.96.36.199. This issue started recently for me, so must be related to a recent update/change in the app.
Please fix this!
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!