cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Not working after restart: Reconnecting to the internet. This may take a moment.

Dropbox Not working after restart: Reconnecting to the internet. This may take a moment.

Domscillator
Helpful | Level 6

I have been experiencing a very frustrating issue with Dropbox the past few days.

Issue: After restarting my Mac Studio (MacOS 13.6.5), Dropbox always gets stuck with the message: 

Reconnecting to the internet. This may take a moment.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 23.35.44.png

• No VPN
  • No Firewall
  • Home Network
  • Fully updated Dropbox

The thing that is baffling is that :

1. If you Quit and restart Dropbox it works immediately but if you restart the computer the issue appears again
  2. If you wait for a long time Dropbox eventually connects and syncs. But it takes a long time
  3. On the same computer, about a week ago, Dropbox was syncing instantly after reboot. 

I have tried already reinstalling and deleting the cache folder.

Is this a known issue that's going on at the moment>

Many thanks

106 Replies 106

DBJR
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
It’s been two weeks since BenDBX community manager stated that engineering is working on this. How about an update?

shirish75
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This issue is still unresolved, the thread incorrectly marked as resolved.

The work around of quit/close the dropbox application and relaunch application does not work.

Sallok
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
It looks they have no solution for it.

Soundtracks
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

if this problem is not resolved by the end of the coming week, I will cancel my subscription...

Sallok
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Me too

Usr2000
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue on my Mac.

DaveJS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue and quitting Dropbox every morning is getting very boring.

wolfie79
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I get the exact same issue, running latest on everything. Can't you put a second delay or something so that dropbox starts trying to sync once the wifi has managed to connect or something? 

Steprenity
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@shirish75 wrote:

The work around of quit/close the dropbox application and relaunch application does not work.

If relaunching the app does not work then I think you have a different problem to what the OP was writing about. The problem I have (and the OP of this thread) was that it does not connect after a restart of the computer, but it does connect when starting the app manually. I personally do not have this problem when using on Windows 10, but there is a problem with this on my Apple Mac....

It seems to happen for me more often when connecting via my corporate network that uses a proxy server to get to the internet.... I think the app is starting before the OS has finished loading all the configs about the selected network location (which defines if I'm using the corporate proxy or not) and before the wifi has authenticated (I have to manually authenticate wifi each time I login which takes a few seconds to type in password... by which time dropbox has already got stuck trying to connect).

kolella
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

New version v. 196.4.6900 and on my MacBook Pro M3 (Sonoma 14.4.1) app connects about 20/30 seconds after I log in after shutdown or restart

New day, new reboot same problem as always

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    craynerd Explorer | Level 3
    hieroglyphics New member | Level 2
    UnhappyUser1 Explorer | Level 4
    ehordyk Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?