cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox desktop app not opening or syncing on MacOS Ventura Version 13.6.5

Dropbox desktop app not opening or syncing on MacOS Ventura Version 13.6.5

powerfoot
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having issues with the mac desktop app not opening even after uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting numerous times, not syncing with Finder, and the dropbox icon being grayed out. I followed all the tutorials I found online and in the community and still doesn't open/sync. 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

27 Replies 27

FritzTheBox
Explorer | Level 3
Hey @powerfoot,
Are you accessing the dropbox from Germany/Berlin/Hamburg by any chance? Can you determine the result of a call to "Traceroute dropbox.com" in a terminal and post it?

powerfoot
Explorer | Level 4

no, i'm in the U.S.

result attached.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.45.06 AM.png

FritzTheBox
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks. I'm afraid the last line would be the most interesting, and that's probably where the error comes when the router accesses dropbox.com. After that there was an abort of traceroute?

powerfoot
Explorer | Level 4

no idea, that's the result of the trace. so it just disconnected? 

FritzTheBox
Explorer | Level 3

Yes - but the screenshot is missing the very last line where it says "aborted" or similar. I had a broken route to dropbox.com since Thursday accessing from Berlin, Germany. Today it seems to be fixed eventually. 

powerfoot
Explorer | Level 4

for me, it didn't say "aborted" or anything. the last line is what was displayed and a bunch of * * * * * * * * * line after line.

powerfoot
Explorer | Level 4

@Jay @Hannah @Megan here's the latest screenshot. i have a strong internet connection to all my devices/computers and still the same behavior. any idea how this may be fixed? 

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 2.59.36 PM.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, we've currently looking into this matter, as you can see on this post. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?