cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for windows says "reconnecting to internet"

Dropbox for windows says "reconnecting to internet"

Dave_Rado
Collaborator | Level 9

Starting today, when I boot up my machine, Dropbox for Windows says "reconnecting to internet" indefinitely, although my machine is connected to the internet and the connection speed is good. How can I fix this?

Dave

27 Replies 27

AndyG-KS
Explorer | Level 4

Hannah,

Like the others on the thread I have had the same problem for quite a while.  I performed the advanced reinstall using the instruction in the link and after following Rodper321's instructions for replicating the problem, unfortunately the advanced reinstall did not fix the problem.  Dropbox connected to the internet and performed a sync after the app was reinstalled but after disabling/enabling the network connection and relaunching Dropbox I get the "Reconnecting to the Internet" message.  Windows 10 Pro/22H2 Dropbox app version 195.4.4995

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AndyG-KS, as you're still experiencing this issue, could you try contacting the support team directly for them to investigate further?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

engineerhubbard01
New member | Level 2

Jay and Hannah,

I am having the same issue. Advance reinstall did not solve the problem. Has dropbox found a fix for this? Windows 10 droppbox version 195.4.4995. Thanks.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @engineerhubbard01, do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dave_Rado
Collaborator | Level 9
Hi @Jay

You were given the steps to reproduce the issue near the start of the thread. It's clearly a Dropbox bug. Have you followed those steps?

Dave

engineerhubbard01
New member | Level 2

No VPN, no firewall/proxy/security settings have changed. It simply won't connect anymore like the others have outlined. 

Paul S.80
New member | Level 2

This is my problem, and here's my solution: 

CANCELING DROPBOX
The backup services has long been a zombie, proliferating useless "apps" that do stupid ancillary tasks.

craynerd
New member | Level 2
Same issue and there is another thread with 10 pages of replies! The thread is marked as resolved and yet there is no resolution. Dropbox won’t connect on PC startup without closing Dropbox and reopening it - at which point it connects immediately! Sad as I love Dropbox but this is going to push me to try something else.
Need more support?