cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox icon keeps disappearing from system tray.

Dropbox icon keeps disappearing from system tray.

Charlotte L.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have Windows 8.1 and use classic shell. The Dropbox icon keeps disappearing from the system tray. I followed the instructions for keeping icons in the system tray, but it does not work. I use the option Nofification Area icons. The check box to show all icons and notifications in the taskbar is checked. However, the icon disappears. For version 3.03

29 Replies 29

Charlotte L.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Follow the steps in my Feb 4, 2015 submission. For me, the problem has been resolved.

I have two dropbox icons that are always there;

• A blue icon is always pinned to the bottom left task bar.
  • A white icon always appears in the bottom right system tray. 

Note: If you right click the white icon, you will see two mini icons on the bottom: a file folder and a world globe. The file folder launches your local dropbox folder and the world globe launches your dropbox web site. Whatever you do on one should update the other. 

Hope this helps.

Todd D.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm on a mac, and yes, I can launch the program from my applications folder. But if I click on the icon on my screen, and look at what's going on, it disappears after I click somewhere else.

Is anyone at Dropbox looking into this?

Monika B.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Charlotte L., thank you for your steps but they do not work for me on Windows 10.  I also have no system tray icon, and dropbox is not syncing, as with Tom F.  Dropbox.com indicates that the last sync on this computer was 2 weeks ago.

Charlotte L.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Monika B.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Charlotte.  I actually uninstalled and reinstalled the app and everything seems fine for the time being.  No idea what triggered the problem in the first place.

Todd D.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

After wading through a ton of windows and filling out a comment form, I got a reply from Dropbox with a link to an updated version of Dropbox (version 3.15.53). Seems to have solved the problem.

Manmohan R.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running Windows 10 and after this Nov upgrade Windows the Dropbox Icon has disappeared

I re-installed two times the Icon appears but vanishes on re-start. 

I have tried to keep the Icon trying all the tricks

Under the Taskbar tab I tried to Customize.but on my re-start PC it vanishes

HELP

Romy S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having this issue as well. Icon disappears, dropbox doesn't load. i uninstalled, reinstalled, works for 30 secs then dropbox icon disappears again and files are not syncing. can some one please point to a solution asap or i will likely move over to google drive!

Todd D.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Can't help you all. Mine works fine, but have no idea how Windows systems works. Good luck!

Herbert S.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I tried Charlotte's suggestion from last February on my Win7 machine and that didn't work.  It's odd that it works just fine on my new Win10 laptop.  I've even tried re-installing without success on getting the task bar icon to appear.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Roy K.2 New member | Level 2
    Bob M.36 New member | Level 1
    Sita S.1 New member | Level 1
    Charlotte L. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?