cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox mobile app loading forever after re-subscribing to Plus plan

Dropbox mobile app loading forever after re-subscribing to Plus plan

emadontv
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello. I was subscribing to Plus plan, through Google Play Store. I didn't renew for almost 2 months. Yesterday, March 15, 2023, I re-subscribed to the same plan (Dropbox Plus), also from Google Play Store, and subscription is done successfully, and I received a payment receipt in my email from Google. In the Subscriptions section, in Google Play Store, I see a message (in red) saying: "Confirm Plan", and I should do that by opening the app on my phone. I did that and the app is loading forever with no progress (as shown in the screenshot). I uninstalled Dropbox, and re-installed it again, with no changes. Still loading since yesterday and nothing happens!!! Customer service here is bad to reach!!!. Auto-chat doesn't help at all. I need this problem to be solved as soon as possible. Does anyone know what the hell is this??!! Thanks in advance for helping.

Emad

Screenshot_2023-03-15-21-28-57-842_com.dropbox.android.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

emadontv
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Hannah and Nancy:

I just want to confirm with you that the issue is SOLVED!

Here is what I did, to let others know the process.

I just opened Dropbox App Settings on my phone, and I pressed "Force Stop", Clear Cache and Clear All Data (which I did several times yesterday but didn't work)!

Then I went to Google Play Store subscriptions and payments section, clicked on my Dropbox subscription which I applied yesterday, and clicked on "Open App".

This time Dropbox launched successfully, and I found myself still applied to Basic Plan. At the buttom of Dropbox screen, there is a blue button saying "Upgrade to Plus". I pressed it, and a loading blue triangle appeared saying "Confirming your Plan". Then my account was upgraded to Plus.

I closed Google Play Store app, and re-opened it again to check the status of my subscription, and finally the red "Confirm Plan" has disappeared.

I checked my profile on Dropbox app, and I am now having Plus Plan, with 2TB of storage.

I really don't know where is the problem, as I did the same steps with no success "yesterday", but today it's solved.

May be it takes sometime, to generate the subscription. I DON"T KNOW, but the most important, is that the issue is SOLVED successfully.

I would like to thank you Hannah and Nancy for your care, and wish you a happy week.

Emad

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @emadontv, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you please let me know which Android version you're running and which Dropbox version you have installed?

Does the Dropbox app get stuck like this when you open it in general, or only when you try to follow the steps to confirm your plan?

Can you clear the app's cache from the settings, to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

emadontv
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Hannah. Android version I'm running, is Android 12.

Dropbox version I'm using is the latest on Google Play Store, as I uninstalled Dropbox and re-installed it again, as I mentioned in the main post. 

My Dropbox only gets stuck when I try to follow the steps to confirm my plan. I tried to login to another free account of mine, and it worked fine. So the problem is with confirming the plan.

About clearing the App Cache, I did this and it didn't help!!!

Emad

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I hope it’s alright if I jump in, Emad!

Do you mind if we open a ticket for you instead, so that we can check this further?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

emadontv
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Nancy. Yes please, go ahead and open a ticket, as I didn't know how to do that.

Reaching urgent customer service here at Dropbox is really a hassle.

Thanks a lot for your care.

Emad

emadontv
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Hannah and Nancy:

I just want to confirm with you that the issue is SOLVED!

Here is what I did, to let others know the process.

I just opened Dropbox App Settings on my phone, and I pressed "Force Stop", Clear Cache and Clear All Data (which I did several times yesterday but didn't work)!

Then I went to Google Play Store subscriptions and payments section, clicked on my Dropbox subscription which I applied yesterday, and clicked on "Open App".

This time Dropbox launched successfully, and I found myself still applied to Basic Plan. At the buttom of Dropbox screen, there is a blue button saying "Upgrade to Plus". I pressed it, and a loading blue triangle appeared saying "Confirming your Plan". Then my account was upgraded to Plus.

I closed Google Play Store app, and re-opened it again to check the status of my subscription, and finally the red "Confirm Plan" has disappeared.

I checked my profile on Dropbox app, and I am now having Plus Plan, with 2TB of storage.

I really don't know where is the problem, as I did the same steps with no success "yesterday", but today it's solved.

May be it takes sometime, to generate the subscription. I DON"T KNOW, but the most important, is that the issue is SOLVED successfully.

I would like to thank you Hannah and Nancy for your care, and wish you a happy week.

Emad

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I’m really happy to hear the issue’s resolved, Emad!

Thanks for sharing the steps you took to resolve this, as well. 

If you need something else, we’ll be around the Community.

Take care!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?